Sisterhood is a concept we take for granted, but never really define, other than that sense of being "one", a group of like-minded Jewish women dedicated to an organization, a way of life, and a synagogue.
The annual dues are only $25. So succinctly put in the words of our Board Chair, Dottie Finkelstein, "Your Dues at Work". See where our money goes in the scheme of things relating to the shul:
- Stained glass windows in the new sanctuary
- Flowers on the Bimah
- Refreshments for the congregation during Purim, Yom Kippur, Sukkot
- Rabbi's Discretionary Fund and Matzah Fund
- Chanukah gifts for Rabbi, Office Staff, and Custodial Staff
- Entertainment and food for 8 general Sisterhood meetings
- Candle holders for all Bat Mitzvahs
- Religious Books
- Mailing and office supplies
- Obituary Lodge Notices
- Charity Donations to various organizations
From Rosh Hashanah through the entire Jewish calendar year to Sukkot, we are involved!
Our ongoing fund raising activities include the sale of Giant gift cards, mitzvah cards, Prayer Books, leaves on the Tree of Life, and the Happy Occasion Board. Please call the shul office at 410-653-7485 if you are interested in purchasing any of these items.
Join us and you, too, will feel like one of our group in no time - enjoying, participating, and hopefully, becoming as active as you care to be.
The "Power of One", a passionate phrase, people think that love leads to giving, but the truth is that through acts of giving, we come to love. The "Power of One", a united group of women making their work and participation in Sisterhood defining moments in their lives.
The shul office will be happy to provide contact information and telephone numbers for any of these items or to become involved in our Sisterhood.
See (click here) "Activities & News" For Details of UPCOMING EVENTS